In most of the houses I've lived in, and a lot that I would visit frequently, I'd have a favourite room. There was no formula for why a room would be my favourite, there would just be something about it a particular room that I enjoyed being in the most. It would just feel peaceful in the room and enjoy being alone.
Growing up it would typically be my bedroom. In the first house I remember living in, it was the bedroom to the right at the end of the hall. I liked kneeling on my bed when it was dark when I was supposed to be sleeping, and I could look out the window and watch the cars go by due to the placement of the street lamp at the bottom of the hill. It was even better when it was snowing.
In the house after that, once again it was my bedroom. It was in the basement right at the bottom of the stairs, so I still felt close to the family. I would often peek out the curtains and watch the rain bounce off the pavement, or since it was right in front of a school, watch cars circle the parking lot and keep my eye out for anything that looked amiss. The room also had a little half door in it right beside my bed, which led into the storage room. The storage room also had a normal door on the opposite side of the stairs.
I don't really have a favourite room in my apartment. It used to be the master bedroom before we switched rooms. It had lots of light, and I would enjoy laying on the bed reading comics.
Sometimes at a guests house or when babysitting my favourite room would be the office, or it might be the sunroom with tons of plants or even just a normal room that had a great view of city lights. I am a sucker for views of city lights.
Hopefully the next house I am in I have a favourite room again, one I just enjoy being in.
What is your favourite room?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cool post. I remember watching snow fall myself. Those were the best times. I am not sure I have a favorite room. Actually that is a lie. Cooper's old room with the painted tree was my favorite room. I hated leaving that. I loved sitting in there rocking him and nursing him.
ReplyDeleteI think I might actually like my living room the most right now because of the amount of light that comes in. But it just seems like no room is really "home" for some reason. I need to paint I think. Or get some pictures developed and put it up in Cooper's room or something.
I can't wait to watch the snow fall again.